Main Running Tours And Cross Country Routes In UK
Running tours in the UK attracts lots of local and international participants. There are different running tours in the UK, some are local running race competitions while others have an international platform. Let us consider some of the best running tours.
- The Great North Run: Simplyhealth Great North Run is one of the best half marathon running event. It is recorded as the biggest half marathon event in the world with over 57,000 runners. The runners are to run through 13.1 miles from the center of Newcastle to the South Shields’ coast. The entry fee is £56.
- Great Manchester Run: This is another great running event which takes place in Manchester with amazing spectators. The entry fee is £38. The runners have to run through Manchester, Trafford, and finally Salford with one of the best organizations, support, and security. It usually takes place in mid-May and it is the third-largest in the UK.
- London Marathon: This marathon is currently sponsored by Virgin Money. It is part of the major marathons in the world. It started in 1981 and was founded by Chris Brasher and John Disley. It was recorded that over £450 million had been raised for charity through this event since 1981and it also holds the Guinness world record for the huge amount it raises annually. The runners run around River Thames, a length of 42.195 kilometers.
- The Great South Run: This is an annual running event that is held at Portsmouth. It was created by Brendan Foster, a past British athlete and it started in 1990. It is one of the best marathons in the United Kingdom. It takes place in mid-October. This event is also currently sponsored by Simplyhealth.
- Great Bristol Half Marathon: This is held annually in Bristol. The race starts from Anchor Road close to We The Curious then through the city and then back to the Anchor Road in Bristol city.
If you are also interested in wild running along cross country routes, United Kingdom also has a whole lot of cross country routes for you to check out. With the cross country routes, you have the opportunity to enjoy nature at its very best. Let’s take a look at some cross country routes you would love.
- Wendover Woods, The Chilterns: This is one of the best woodland views you have ever seen. It is a distance f 6.5 miles from Ashridge Estate to the Vale of Aylesbury.
- Beachy Head, Sussex: With a distance of 24km through the South Dawn Way from Winchester to Eastbourne, you’ll enjoy the amazing view of the Beachy Head.
- Rhossili Bay, Gower: The runner runs through a distance of 6.5 miles in the NT visitor center, Rhossili.
Other cross country routes running that would interest you include,
- Broadway Tower, Cotsworld way.
- Dunwich Heath, Suffolk
- West Highland Way
- White to Dark, Peak District
- Bodmin Moor, Cornwall
Although betting on running is not as popular as the other sports betting, people can win real money placing their bets on these sports although there are limited betting options. You can place your bets on the overall winner and some bookmarks also have options for the first three and the likes.
Since there are so many competitors, you should study the best competitors in detail because a little detail might be a game-changer because the sport is very unpredictable. You also have bet options such as Place (for the runner to finish among the top three).
Each way bet combines both Win and Place bets. Quinella bet requires that you select the runners that would emerge first and second position in any order while Exacta is order specific. Other options include; Duet, Trifecta, first 4, BIG 6, Quaddie and Doubles.
List Of Races In The UK
The United Kingdom offers some of the best running events in the world. The following are some of the other races in the UK.
- Cheshire Half Marathon
- Chase the Sun Clapham common
- Victoria Park race
- RUNNING Grand Prix Mercedes-Benz world
- Green which parks 5k and 10k
Racing in the UK is a popular event. There are so many more local running races than mentioned above. You can also make real money betting on your best-racing events. There are so many UK casino where you can place your sports betting. Aside from the UK casinos, you can also place your bets through online casinos.
Online casino is convenient. Online casinos also give casino bonus upon registration. This casino bonus also offers you the opportunity to win money for free. Casino bonus is given as casino cash and the player ought to play with it.